Real weddings, wedding inspiration and style, gorgeous ideas,

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Mediterranean Olive Wedding Inspirations

 
 
I love the colour olive, I am not sure why but it is a colour featured a lot in my own home mixed with whites and a very deep raspberry magenta pink, love it :)
 
I also love olive trees, I have a miniature olive tree on my terrace which is very pretty, no olives yet but patiently waiting.
 
I cannot say I am a huge lover of eating olives and even though I watch all my three daughters scoffing them, I am still not convinced but believe me I have tried as I live in olive country!
 
One of the best ways I have found to enjoy eating olives is to mash them up with garlic, a sort of olive tapenade, which is very yummy particularly if mixed with some salty anchovies.
 

 
I had a meeting today which has lead me back to the olive theme for weddings, particularly here in Spain, the land of the olives, it is a lovely theme to incorporate into a Mediterranean wedding.
 
Whether is it just the colour or taking it further with an olive bar, olive martinis as a signature cocktail or using the olive tree and it´s branches as decorations.
 



 

 
 
We have blogged about an olive wedding scheme before but it is always lovely to revisit ideas and take a fresh look at colours, ideas and inspirations for weddings.
 
 
Most of these gorgeous images are from the amazing Elizabeth Messina and Elizabeth Anne Design, I have just spent a good few hours on Elizabeth Messina´s blog tonight it is truly inspirational and absolutely love her work. 
 
Some of the other images are from our weddings where we have created olive bars and the rest were found on Pinterest so I hope by sharing this colour combo and some ideas we have inspired you.

No comments: