Real weddings, wedding inspiration and style, gorgeous ideas,

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Cake Trend, Drip Cakes, Love them!


This week I was alerted to the latest cake trend by Sweet Things by Fi.  

I had seen a few of this style drip cake starting to pop up on my feeds, one in particular was from the Crumby Bakery based in Godalming, Surrey who shared a rather impressive photo of their drip cakes.

It was beginning to sink in that this was fast becoming the latest trend but nothing confirms it better than our fabulous Fi sending me images of gorgeous cakes in exactly this style and asking me my thoughts.

Now, anyone that knows me understands I am a complete sucker for scoffing cakes, really not fussy what they look like, give me chocolate, vanilla, lemon, every cake is totally welcome but these new style drip cakes are really to die for and absolutely love the rather decadent toppings that are seemingly and effortlessly thrown on the top, which of course we know they are not, they would have been painstakingly designed and put together.

The toppings are just divine and it seems can be anything, from a beautiful display combining fresh fruits, mini macarons and meringues, adding in flowers, chocolate drops, etc, it is really up to the creativeness of each cake maker.

Forget the naked cakes, decadent drip cakes are the big trend this year and we cannot wait to see more designs and creativity as this trend takes the cake world by storm and I cannot wait to eat them!

No comments: